Friday, February 10, 2006

His little girl

Some days, such as today, I wonder a bit about my purpose and my value. This song stuck out in my mind, though...kind of put me in my place.

Go Fish - You're My Little Girl Lyrics


Album:
CURRENT RATING: (3 votes)
RATE LYRICS ~ EDIT LYRICS ~ NOMINATE LYRICS


Rate me5 - Excellent4 - Very Good3 - Good2 - Fair1 - Poor

vs. 1
The ones you love they let you down
And I want you to know that I¹m sorry
The choices that they made were wrong
You were caught in the middle and I¹m sorry

So when the anger and the pain
Get the best of you
I know it seems like you¹re all alone
But I am feeling it too

Chorus
'Cuz you're my little girl
You¹re the one that I created
No one in this world could ever be like you
When you're cryin' in the night
All you need to do is call me
I¹ll be there for you
'Cuz you¹re my little girl

vs. 2
When you're lookin in the mirror
I hope you're likin' what you see
Because no matter what you're feelin'
You're perfect to me

Because I see you as a child
Blameless in my sight
Just spend some time with me
And I¹ll make everything alright

Chorus

Bridge
I know you don't deserve what you've been through
I know it doesn't seem fair
I know that there are times you think you're alone
But you've got to know that I will be there, be there

Chorus

No comments: