Friday, May 23, 2008

Scared to Death...or...Excited to Tears?

So, I for sure feel like crying...but I'm not entirely sure why. I mean, I've been scared and nervous about leaving for camp...all week...which has caused me to cry from time to time this week. However, right now...I feel excited. I feel like this summer could be awesome...truly awesome. The first thing that helped me with that is talking to Monica at coffee...it helped me to remember how passionate I am about youth. Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to get a chance to serve and love kids all summer! Second thing that helped? Erin! Erin called (even though she's not really a phone person) to talk about her week and how excited she is to see me and such. It pretty much rocked my socks! I mean, I'm really excited to see her, and I was really stoked to hear that she's excited to see me! Don't get me wrong...I'm still absolutely horrified! But...I feel a bit more excited...I don't feel like chickening out so much. I mean, a part of me wants to run away or disappear...or show up to camp and try to fly under the radar...but Monica reminded me of how excited I am about this opportunity...and Erin provided me with some encouragement. I think I'm gonna make it...at least to camp...we'll see about the rest.

No comments: