Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Pre-Interview Thoughts

So, I'm sitting here working on prepping for my interview at Pella Regional Health Center for a summer nursing internship. Let's just say I'm more than a little nervous. I'm trying to prepare myself for the questions they'll ask and the questions I'll ask. I'm trying to make sure I look presentable, yet approachable. I'm trying to look professional but fresh. I'm trying to get all dressed up but still look like myself. It's a bit of a challenge. The hardest part, I think, is the fact that most of the questions I have about this internship can't be answered by those who will be interviewing today. They'll need to be answered by God and myself. I'm not sure what I want the outcome of this interview to be. I'm not completely convinced that I should take it and spend another summer at home, but at the same time, I don't want to blow it. I need this as a back-up? I need it at as a confidence booster so I can know that I can interview well and that I can get a job that I am wanted and that I have something to offer. I do want to learn, and I do want to see what this internship has to offer. So, I'm going to go put on my make-up and do my hair and talk to God for a bit. I pray that God will grant me an open heart and an open mind, that I may view this interview as an opportunity and might be open to His call throughout this whole process. I pray that I will be able to be calm and confident so these interviewers can see the real me and know exactly who it is they'd be hiring. I'll update when I get back (possibly after I take a walk, we'll see.) I thank any of you how have prayed for me and this interview.

No comments: