Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year! Goodbye Apologies!

I told you all I had made a lot of apologies, lately. It is true. I have made a lot of mistakes in the past. I could list them all off, but I feel that it's not necessary. I mean, I have been forgiven for them, and I don't want to dwell on the past offenses that have been forgiven me. I mean, it's not that I'm proud of them or that I'm glad I did anything, but honestly, why dwell on something that's been removed from me? It's a new year, and a new beginning. As I watched the new day dawn, a new year come over the horizon, I was struck with how magnificent our Lord truly is. It is so comforting, so amazing to have a God who is willing to give you so many chances. I spent an hour and a half sitting there reveling in my blessings. The Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to live here as a part of his beautiful creation. His creation is so magnificently made, and surely he hasn't spared me of being a part of the glorious beauty that he has crafted. His strength and forgiveness are beyond my wildest dreams. My only prayer is that I might use my actions to show Him my gratitude and love.

Verse of the day:
In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

1 comment:

SRW said...

...this has happened to me more times than I care to remember. I am so grateful that the words that God has given me has traveled; however, with that said, the author of "Single and Saved"(although it is not being forwarded in its entirety) is not anonymous. It is mine, Shellie R. Warren. I wrote it in October/1997 and it's featured in my book, Inside of Me: Lessons of Lust, Love and Redemption. I have enclosed the REAL version below.

I'm Single and That's All Right With Me

I'm single and that's all right with me
Tell me why is that a contradiction to you?
What makes you think that just because I'm an attractive woman of intelligence,
and over the legal drinking age, that I'm incomplete without a mate?

What makes you think that just because my conversations
quench the thirst of many parched from the ignorance of dull chit-chat
and just because when you talk I can respond on whatever the topic,
whatever the level, whenever the time,
that I've obtained my knowledge simply for your entertainment purposes only?

No, I'm single and that's all right with me

What makes you think that my present status is not a God-given right,
a woman's choice and a healthy decision?

Who told you that without a man something's missing from my life and if so what would that be?

Love?

I love myself
and more importantly, I love the Lord
He told me when I delight in Him that He would give me the desires of my heart

Security?

I have everything I need according to His riches in glory

Intimacy?

Now, how's a man gonna get to know me when he doesn't even know himself
See, my Father told me that I'm above a ruby's worth and a gem does not seek, it is sought, so why would I set myself out?

No, I'm single and that's all right with me

See, it's not that I oppose relationships, it's that I detest codependency

Girl, as a woman, I know it's not my role to chase after any boy who professes to be a man

Esther 2:14 states that I am to wait on my king, and when he's delighted in me, he will call me by my name

My Mama didn't name me Needy or Desperate

I am to be cherished, relished, valued and honored
It's not my job to convince him or convict him of that
My mate will already know it and consistently show it
He'll know that making love to me requires caressing my mind before fondling my body

And he'll stay on his knees daily, not just to adore me, but to praise the Lord for the virtuous woman that he found
So when you see me by myself, I'm not alone, I just know what I have coming to me

I'm single and that's all right with me

©Shellie R. Warren/1997