Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blessed and Beyond

I was just reflecting on my life...where I'm at and who is here with me. I realized that I am extremely blessed in many ways. My friends, family, education, opportunities, health, etc. are all blessings. However, the blessing I really want to reflect on right now is my boyfriend. We recently celebrated...or rather passed our three month anniversary, and even though we made a 3AM ER trip, it was a really great day. I think what makes me thankful is all of that we have gone through and all the growing we have done. What strikes me the most is that he is more than I could have asked for...especially because qualities and characteristics that I always knew I wanted in a boyfriend -- in a man -- are almost exaggerated in him. I mean, how does that even happen? How is it that the things that are soo important to me are also important to him? How is it that the decisions I have made for myself long before meeting him, he has also made and committed himself to? How is it that he can speak so passionately about things that set my heart ablaze as well? Not to say we agree on everything, or that we never fight, or that I never think he's ridiculous...because we don't, we do, and he is, but he amazes me and surprises me in how much he and I have in common...and how much he is willing to share and discuss with me...it's tight. I was going to make this slightly more structured and deep, with more musings, but I'm tired. So, I'll just end with this thought. Perhaps it all stems from Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." I guess we'll find out, eh?

No comments: