Monday, September 11, 2006

Black Tuesdays

Alright, here's the plan:

Every Tuesday from now through the vote in South Dakota (November 7) will be a Black Tuesday, but only with your participation.

I'm asking each of you to don your black in memory of all those babies that will never be born and to unite us in our quest to save more from suffering that fate. It will be a day of mourning but also a day of hope. A day to mourn the generations that we will never know, and a day to pray that everything will change so that we will not have to miss out on another generation of amazing South Dakotans.

This is bigger than supporting the ban, or the vote...this is supporting the babies, and supporting the mothers who chose to give life instead of take life. It's also a way to reach out to the mothers who may have aborted their children long ago but have been mourning since. We will join them in their mourning, share in their pain, and affirm that an injustice has been done.

Yes, we could just all wear our Vote Yes shirts, but not everyone has those. Besides, like I said earlier, this is about children and mothers, not about a political agenda. Each Tuesday, I'm hoping that you will get together and pray for life as well as those who will never enjoy life, together. I'm hoping to get something formal -- a prayer service or something -- organzized for anyone on the SDSU campus, but regardless of whether or not something huge is organized. Please, pray.

I pray that God would work in your heart that you might feel emboldened and peaceful enough to don black tomorrow. I pray that this can become a solemnly hopeful movement for the sake of life. Peace be with each and every one of you.

2 comments:

Chris Arndt said...

I need someone to tell me of the South Dakota Right to Life organization.

I'm from the Leadership Institute and I am here to help the Movement.


For proof that I wish to help and not harm, I render unto you my mobile phone number:
517-402-5997

James Mason said...

I used to be pro-life, like you and your friends. I used to cheer for Operation Rescue vollunteers lining the streets near clinics.

Then came the day my mother informed me that she probably would have aborted me, if she had had the choice in 1962. I considered that. Then my sister became pregnant some years later and did not want to carry the baby. And I considered that. I considered that it should never be my choice, or my laws, or my governments laws that force my mother or my sister in one direction or another. I considered how barbaric that seemed to me. That we as a society are unwilling to chain them up while they are pregnant and force them to squeeze out an infant they didn't want, is testament that we all, really, don't want to force pregnancy upon females in our society. So I as a man, leave the choice completely up to my sister and my mothers, all sisters and mothers. Because I am a man, I can never even imagine what it would be like to be forced by government law to carry to term and give birth to a baby I didn't want. See my article on this subject, and feel free to link to it from your own site, at
http://masonsays.blogspot.com/2006/
07/if-abortion-becomes-criminal.html

BTW, I was a Nurse also, surrouned by women wanting to be nurses. Nursing is not the altruistic and benevolent profession you might be thinking it is. For 9 out of 10 nursing students; it's all about the money.

FYI: South Dakota is a state that children leave and never come back to, once they grow up. US Census dept..

Best of success to you!

James.